Child Safety Focused
Young Children Can Be Strangled By Loops In Pull Cords, Chains, Tapes And Inner Cords That Operate The Window Blinds.
To avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of the reach of young children. Cords may become wrapped around a child’s neck. Move beds, cots and furniture away from window covering cords.
- Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
InStyle Blinds recommends the following blinds be installed in areas where small children may be present since they contain no loose cords or loops.
- – Spring return roller blinds
- – Perfect Fit® roller, pleated or venetian blinds
- – Vertical blinds with wand control
- – Panel blinds with wand control
Blinds that use operating cords or chain should be installed with appropriate safety devices
- – Vertical: cord tidy on operating cords
- – Roller: cord tidy or Easybreak® on operating cords
- – Roman: cord tidy or Easybreak® on operating cords
- – Pleated: cord safety tassel on operating cords
- – Cellular: cord safety tassel on operating cords
- – Panel: cord tidy on operating cords
- – Vision: cord tidy on operating cords